Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December Resolutions

Our holiday dance show was yesterday. I had so much fun dancing with all of my friends and hanging out with the little girls backstage and entertaining them so they wouldn't think about how much they missed their moms (it worked MOST of the time).

I'm trying this new thing. It's called respecting people. I've always been very respectful to people to their faces, but recently, I've found that I have become a very disrespectful person towards people behind their backs, and I know for a fact that a person who supposedly loves Jesus would not purposely try to do that. Therefore, I am attempting a total life change. It's extremely, extremely difficult. It pretty much just comes naturally to take it out on people without them knowing when they make you angry. It's a work in progress, I guess, but people deserve respect and love, so it's worth it completely.

I've also decided just recently that I am going to consider actually giving the whole "dating" thing a chance. My standards are very high, and while I'm not planning on lowering them and settling, I've decided to give guys more of a chance to impress me. I refuse to become cynical at age 18, and I'm still going to keep believing in true love even while seeing all of the crappy, crumbling relationships around me.

Also, I read this verse the other night in my devotionals, and it was just what I needed. I just needed to share it with everyone."Yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken..." Isaiah 54:10

That is why I am not giving up on true love. I know it exists because it was created by my awesome, incredible God. I'm so grateful to have a God who adores who I am, faults and all.

We're so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment