Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fear

Something is wrong with me.

Ever since I was about three years old, I have loved the water. I love rivers and creeks and lakes and pools. Whenever I'm around water, I can't stay away. I go in with all of my clothes on. I just have to go in.

But tonight, I went with my family to a creek to take pictures. I was terrified. I couldn't walk in the water. I thought I was going to slip and fall. The rocks were slippery. I could just picture myself slipping and cracking my head open. I had a panic attack. I was so scared that my siblings were going to get hurt.

When they leaned over the bridge, I started crying.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

It's the same thing with fire. I was at a party with my friends, and they were playing with fireworks. I abosolutely hate fire. I'm so scared of it. I had to go jump on the trampoline while they shot firecrackers at each other.

I just don't want to be afraid anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment