Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Transformations

We had a free day in Writer's Workshop today, so I read a book I bought recently at Ollies. By the way, if you don't know what Ollies is or you don't have an Ollies where you live...I am very sorry for you. It's a store that has pretty much everything, but their book selection is prime, especially if you are looking for the type of Christian Living/Faith Based books that are about $15 in normal stores. At Ollies, you can get them for $3. Oh, happy day.

Anyway. As I was reading this book, I actually got teary. I know that I am an emotional sap, but it takes a little something-something to get me teary-eyed in school.

This book is attempting to turn me inside out!

It makes me so mad and sad and happy and scared and everything all at once.

The book is called The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical. Let me tell you...this is one tough book to swallow. Shane Clairborne, the author, scares the heck out of me in the best way possible. I haven't even finished the book yet. When I do, I'll tell you more.

Tonight was my first night working at my new job (BP!) by myself without a trainer. Luckily, everything went beautifully. This is probably mostly due to the fact that I had the best trainer ever - Abby.

I came home from work to find homemade pizza and hand-dipped chocolate covered pretzels.

Life is good.

1 comment: