Sunday, August 23, 2009

Strength

Lately, I have been feeling like life is really, really good. Yes, I have a few struggles here and there, but I've just been feeling really blessed and satisfied and content; however, my friends are going through some really tough stuff. It seems like with every good thing that happens to me, something bad happens to them. I feel like God is using this happiness and peace that I have so that I can be a complete wall of strength for my friends.

I've always been the kind of girl who really feels for other people when they are suffering just as if it was happening to me. When something sad happens to my friends, I cry even before they do. I hurt when they hurt; I smile when they smile. I need to be there for them. It's just a part of how God programmed me. But sometimes, when things are just going so bad, I don't even know what to say!

Tonight was one of those nights. It was rough. I have a friend who's suffering, and I'm clueless as to how to handle it. Once again, though, God cleared things up for me. He guided my hands to open my Bible to 1 Chronicles 16:11-12.

"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced."

Wow. God is awesome.

I have to believe that God will take care of my friends better than I ever could. I have to believe that He is constantly there for them, and for me, and I have to believe that He can still do miracles. If I don't believe these things anymore, then I will have nothing left. He is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment