Friday, August 14, 2009

Time To Grow Up

I really surprised myself tonight. I mean, I know I'm a total sap, and I cry when milk spills, but seriously. I thought I was going to be ok with all of this.

When I was 15, I started writing in my diary about graduation. Not mine, but everyone around me. I had a countdown:

Age 15: Good Friend #1 Graduates
Age 16: Good Friend #2 plus his girlfriend (Good Friend #3) Graduate
Age 17: Good Friends #WAY TOO MANY Graduate

I have been preparing myself for this summer since forever. I knew that this summer would be the one where they all would grow up, and I would get more than a little left behind.

I thought I was going to be able to handle it. I've learned a lot about growing up and moving on this year, and I thought it was going to be ok.

But it's the night before a good friend leaves. It's the start of the week before many good friends leave. And I don't know if I can handle this.

I hate hate hate hate change.

And college.

But I'm so proud of my friends for moving on to this next stage in their lives. I just wish that we could all go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment