Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy September!

I will admit that when I woke up this morning, I was not exactly in a "Happy September" mood. School starts tomorrow, and I will officially be a senior. I am really excited about that, but there's just so much that's bringing me down about school already. Waking up at 5:30 in the morning because we have to leave early with my dad, doing homework and trying to keep up with all of the insane classes my dad and I signed me up for, skipping lunch to go to Yearbook/Chorus, trying to find time to get my license - ugh. It's just a lot. Last year I was miserable. It was horrible. Every day, my prayer was just, "God, get me through it. Let the end of the day come fast. Just help me through it."

But this year, I have decided to make my final year of high school worthwhile. My prayer every day will be, "God, give me someone who needs me in their life. Give me ways to impact students and community members. Give me a smiling face and a great attitude. Give me peace and calm in my stressful world. Give me patience for dealing with problems. Show me how to light my school on fire for You."

I am asking that you all please pray for me and my attitude in school. I tend to become a stressed, angry, crazy mess, and I am requesting that you pray that I am calm and joyful and at peace. I just have this feeling that there are people in my school that really need me this year. There are people who need smiles and hugs and cheerfulness, and I want to give that to them. I want to have a good attitude, and I want everyone to know as I walk down the halls that I am happy because I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I want them to want that happiness for themselves.

Thanks for praying, friends. Let me know how I can pray for you, too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsey, I'll be praying for you to be calm and joyful and at peace. Do you think you could pray for me to be able to keep up in my work (I am homeschooled) and that I can try to work some friend problems out? I would appreciate it.
    Jessica~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And absolutely...I would love to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete